Tēnā koutou katoa
Ka tū ake au i roto tōku whare Tatauranga Aotearoa
Ko te pātaka iringa kōrero o te tini, o te mano e
Mātakitaki whakawaho ki te ao pakihi, ki te ao umanga Māori rā
E maioha mai nei ia koutou mai i wīwī, mai i wāwā
Nau mai, haere mai, whakatau mai ki ēnei kohinga raraunga pakihi, raraunga umanga.
E ōku rau Rangatira
Tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou katoa.
I stand in my home from Statistics New Zealand
The reservoir of information of the multitude
Looking outward to the corporate sector and Māori business entities
Welcome you from afar
Hello, welcome to this collection of business statistics.
Tatauranga umanga Māori – Maori Business Statistics: March Quarter 2022 presents information on a subset of Maori businesses that contribute to our country’s economy. This release includes data on Maori authorities and their subsidiaries. It does not cover all Maori businesses in Aotearoa New Zealand and therefore changes published here may not reflect the full range of industry movements. The Maori population of Tatauranga umanga changed between the December 2021 quarter release and this release, so figures may differ from the previous release.
Maori authorities are defined as companies that receive, manage and/or administer assets held in common ownership by iwi and Maori. Maori authorities are largely identified by their tax codes registered with the Inland Revenue.
All figures are actual values and are not seasonally adjusted.
In the quarter of March 2022:
- 1,454 Māori authorities and subsidiaries belonged to the Māori population of Tatauranga umanga.
- The total value of sales by Maori authorities was $906 million, up $40 million (4.7%) from the March 2021 quarter.
- The total value of purchases by Maori authorities was $669 million, up $106 million (18.7%) from the March 2021 quarter.
- The total number of jobs filled for Maori authorities was 11,560.
- The total value of Maori authority employee earnings was $194 million.
- The Maori authorities exported $186 million worth of goods, about 35% of which went to China.
Visit our website to read this press release and download the CSV files:
© Scoop Media