Tatauranga umanga Māori – Maori Business Statistics: June Quarter 2022 presents information on a subset of Maori businesses that contribute to our country’s economy. This release includes data on Maori authorities and their subsidiaries. It does not cover all Maori businesses in Aotearoa New Zealand and therefore changes published here may not reflect the full range of industry movements.
Maori authorities are defined as companies that receive, manage and/or administer assets held in common ownership by iwi and Maori. Maori authorities are largely identified by their tax codes registered with the Inland Revenue.
All figures are actual values and are not seasonally adjusted.
In the quarter of June 2022:
- 1,463 Māori authorities and subsidiaries belonged to the Māori population of Tatauranga umanga
- the total value of sales by Maori authorities was $972 million, up $24 million (2.6%) from the June 2021 quarter
- the total value of purchases by Maori authorities was $753 million, up $154 million (26%) from the June 2021 quarter
- the total number of jobs filled for Maori authorities was 11,680
- the total value of Maori authority employee earnings was $196 million
- Maori authorities exported $204 million worth of goods, about a third of which went to China.
Visit our website to read this press release and download the CSV files:
© Scoop Media